Pad Thai Style Salad
This makes a big bowl of noodles! It is great for a light spring supper and it is a pot-luck crowd pleaser. Feel free to adjust the spiciness of this dish by cutting back (or ramping up!) on the siracha sauce. Also feel free to have fun with the garnishes – add sliced radishes and bean sprouts if you like them for a more authentic Pad-Thai feel. Try adding some marinated tempeh tofu or sauteed shrimp for a main course salad.
12 ounces linguine or fettuccine or rice noodles cooked and rinsed with cold water
1 red bell peppers –sliced thinly
1 ½ c. grated carrots
1 c. thinly sliced green onions
1 can coconut milk
2 cloves garlic -crushed
1-2t. siracha hot sauce
2 T. sugar
¼ c. peanut butter
¼ c. lime juice
¼ c. tamari
cilantro sprigs, sliced green onions or chopped peanuts
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl
- Combine dressing ingredients in a blender or separate bowl and mix well
- Pour dressing over the salad and gently toss to combine
- Allow the noodles and dressing to stand for about 10 minutes and gently toss again- the noodles will absorb the dressing and tossing again redistributes the flavor
- Garnish with one or more of the garnish possibilities
Note: If you chill this salad the noodles will become quite stuck together and will need to be tossed before serving.
Download and print recipe.