Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 15-20 cookies
These are the easiest cookies in the world to make, and I've never met a chocoholic who could resist them. The variations are endless. Try some of the ones listed or make up your own. They look pretty when you add in some white chocolate chips and you can never go wrong with peanut butter chips (unless you are allergic to peanuts). They also work well as sandwich cookies if you want to make your own ice cream sandwiches, or oreos.
¾ cup organic evaporated cane sugar (any kind of sugar will do)
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ cup cocoa powder
½ tsp salt
¾ cup oil
¼ cup soy milk (any kind of milk will do)
¾ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Mix sugar well with dry ingredients.
- Whisk together wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and add in chocolate chips.
- Using a scoop or a spoon, scoop out golf ball-sized pieces of dough, roll into balls and space evenly on parchment lined or greased baking pans.
- Flatten tops of dough balls slightly and bake for about 10-12 minutes until edges of cookies are firm. It’s okay if they are still a little soft in the center.
Chocolate Cinnamon Hazelnut add:
1 t. cinnamon
½ cup toasted chopped hazelnuts
Mexican Chocolate Cookies add:
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. vanilla
¼ t. almond extract
¼ t. cayenne pepper