Stuffed French Toast
It is really easy, can be done in advance, and it serves a crowd. You can use any type of bread – Challah makes the best French Toast because the bread itself is made with lots of eggs, but most any bread will be yummy with this filling in it.
1 loaf Challah Bread – sliced in ¼ inch slices
8 oz cream cheese – room temperature
¼ c. sugar
½ t. vanilla
1 c. eggs
2 c. milk
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Slice bread into ¼ inch wide slices – reserve very end pieces for some other use
- Put cream cheese in a bowl add in sugar and mix well
- Sandwich the challah slices with the cream cheese mixture in between two slices.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk
- Pour egg mixture into a wide shallow dish
- Put the stuffed bread into egg mixture – turning over bread to absorb mixture on both sides
- Lightly butter or oil a sheet pan
- Lay Stuffed French toast on sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes – until golden brown and firm in the center
- Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 3 days and reheat before serving
- Serve with maple syrup, fresh fruit or fruit compote
Download and print recipe.